By day I work 60 hour weeks. At night I am a devoted father and husband to the world's greatest family. Somewhere in the non-existent time between the two, I am a writer. Join me from the beginning as I chronicle my adventures to become a successful published author.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 76 - Still here... - The Writing Report

Well, I am starting to sound like a broken record now. I missed several days, but I am still here.

In retrospect, I realize I mainly miss the two most intensive days: Interviews and Weekly News Roundup. I think there is a message here... I have come down with a severe case of work aversion!

I have also written less over the weekend and am stalling badly. In part I blame school. I've had mid-terms and such. In part I also blame beautiful weather and a lawn and garden that need attention. I also blame holidays. And I have been reading A LOT (for me). Finished our books in the last month, working on a fifth. Several genres, and all of them have brought ideas to my mind. The ideas aren't for stories themselves, but I have been paying attention to why certain scenes appeal to me, evaluating what the author did. It's been a learning experience... and a fun one at that!

Also, I've been doing a lot of ax sharpening. Memrise, figuring out podcasting, Google+, and more. It's a period of growth in some areas for me, and I hope to bring the best of it and incorporate it into the bigger picture.

Categories:

0 comments:

 
  • Total Pageviews