By day I work 60 hour weeks. At night I am a devoted father and husband to the world's greatest family. Somewhere in the non-existent time between the two, I am a writer. Join me from the beginning as I chronicle my adventures to become a successful published author.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Day 1,498 - Sunni or Shiite?

I hadn't given much thought to the question of whether Mahfoud was Sunni or Shia. Today I needed to address both a recruitment and a defection event, and it became relevant. It would be unusual for someone from a predominantly Sunni country to defect to a predominantly Shiite country, and vice versa. Also, since Mahfoud is seeking to cleanse Islam, it needs consistency.

I discovered that Morocco is predominantly Sunni. Al-Qaeda, ISIS, and Boko Haram, along with the majority of Muslim countries such as Pakistan are also Sunni. Iran, half of Iraq, and Hezbollah are Shiite. In some countries they mix, but often the minority is persecuted just as minorities in any country often are.


Cleared another 285 words.

0 comments:

 
  • Total Pageviews