By day I work 60 hour weeks. At night I am a devoted father and husband to the world's greatest family. Somewhere in the non-existent time between the two, I am a writer. Join me from the beginning as I chronicle my adventures to become a successful published author.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Day 1,482 - Robots and Story POV

I didn't update yesterday, because I didn't write.

I spent from morning until evening yesterday with my wife and son at the DARPA Robotics Challenge 2015. I won't go into it right now, beyond saying it was amazing, and I saw more robots than I've ever seen in my life, as well as amazing people. A great experience, and one that I am sure will inform future novels.

I've decided, at least for now, to focus on my antagonists story. I had been writing the two (previously three) interweaving stories chronologically. Doing so has had its benefits for building out the framework, yet now that I am diving deep into the characters, I find they cannot be dropped for a time because it's a new chapter. They want to be heard!

So I will write the antagonists story until I come up dry. Then, the protagonists story. Any other POV's that are minor can be tossed in as needed. At the end, I'll trace their timelines, weaving them together into the final narrative.

Didn't write as much today. 362 words. Something is better than nothing, and I got a lead on a new chapter, so it's a win.

0 comments:

 
  • Total Pageviews