By day I work 60 hour weeks. At night I am a devoted father and husband to the world's greatest family. Somewhere in the non-existent time between the two, I am a writer. Join me from the beginning as I chronicle my adventures to become a successful published author.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 260 - Plugging Away - The Writing Update

I am no at a week (and a day) of getting back in to regular writing and blogging. I technically missed yesterday, hence the weekend post. Christina found a sitter for Levi, and we went on a date. We ate at one of me favorite fast food restaurants, Culver's. If you haven't been to one, it's amazing. Their deserts are mind blowing (try a concrete shake with hot fudge and Oreo, or give their turtle's a go!), and you can get lots of tasty food outside of the many burgers they have there, such as a pot roast sandwich, Reuben sandwich, etc. Anyway, I digress. The short of it is that I didn't have time in the evening to write.

Tonight however I did write, and I really refined a critical juncture in the story that before had just been really lacking. I won't go into it much right now, but the problem is one perhaps you've experienced: I have two great scenes, but I can't get from point A to point B in a way that is interesting or believable. Tonight I solved it.

It's great to see the story really coming together now. I probably have about a week or two more of refinement on the story framing, and then I should be able to plow back into the writing itself. I have a good feeling about this. I think once the framing is done, it will flow nice and smooth for the most part.

* Two notes: I have taken to calling non-themed posts "The Writing Report". This is the title of my regular Monday piece, and it fits well. It also makes searching for them easier.
* Second Note: The News of the Writing World will begin again next Friday, and I don't expect many weekend blog posts after today.

0 comments:

 
  • Total Pageviews