By day I work 60 hour weeks. At night I am a devoted father and husband to the world's greatest family. Somewhere in the non-existent time between the two, I am a writer. Join me from the beginning as I chronicle my adventures to become a successful published author.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 253 - The Return

It has now been officially 253 days since I began on the odyssey that is becoming published. I had hoped to be much further along in my writing at this point in time. However, as has been indicated before, I moved from Provo, Utah to Spring (Houston), Texas to open an office with my property and asset management company, Northpoint Asset Management. It has had many ups and down, but stability is nearly here. While finances are tight, the ball is rolling, things are going smoothly in client acquisition, and Christina, Levi, and I are absolutely loving Houston! It feels so good to be back in the south. Not that we didn't love Utah also, but sometimes you just feel like you belong somewhere. For us, at least for now, that place is north Houston.

As I obtain stability, it is tempting to put off writing until everything is perfect, until all our ducks are in a perfect row. The problem with that whoever is that it seems when that is the goal, it must be hunting season and down goes a duck! So today, Saturday, January 21, 2012 I intend to press forward with my writing goals. At the conclusion of posting to the blog tonight (a part of my motivational and accountability practices), I will proceed to write.

To be clear, I have already been working on one of my books. My non-fiction on common myths of history and doctrine in the LDS church (like a Snopes.com for church things), has had much research added to it as of late. Using mind mapping (a great tool, check out http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page for FreeMind, my personal and free favorite), I have greatly been able to expand my research abilities and organization. Since the book is 95% research and source collection/tracking, it makes a big difference.

Tonight though, I work on fiction.

It's good to be back. Thank you for being patient

Categories: ,

0 comments:

 
  • Total Pageviews