By day I work 60 hour weeks. At night I am a devoted father and husband to the world's greatest family. Somewhere in the non-existent time between the two, I am a writer. Join me from the beginning as I chronicle my adventures to become a successful published author.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 254 - Second Day Back

Yesterday, I wrote about two paragraphs. It doesn't seem like much, but I also re-read about 30 pages of The Militia. Since it had been a while, I needed to make sure I caught the feel for it again. I made some edits along the way, and then added a little more.

Today I worked more on framing my story. I already have about 1/8th of The Militia written, but I was having problems filling in the areas in between major scenes to keep the story flowing at a good pace. I transferred my outlines to FreeMind, which helped immensely. It's now much easier for me to get both a bird's eye view as well as drill down when necessary to the nuts and bolts. In addition to transferring the outline, I added a good amount to it and feel like the story is much tighter in my mind now.

I know some people are not big on outlining and framing. Honestly, my first two chapters weren't outlines at all, just a few notes, and they are pretty darn awesome. This book however is an action thriller, and so pacing is everything.

0 comments:

 
  • Total Pageviews