By day I work 60 hour weeks. At night I am a devoted father and husband to the world's greatest family. Somewhere in the non-existent time between the two, I am a writer. Join me from the beginning as I chronicle my adventures to become a successful published author.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 1,470 - New Beginning

It has been several years since I've posted here. Life has taken many unexpected turns, which is ever predictable.

We have moved from Utah to Houston to Utah, and now California. My writing has been on life support, a hope for a second chance that never seemed to work out.

And yet miracles happen, and here I am. Because of my new circumstances with work I am more relaxed, and I feel the concept of free time is a possibility. I think it's safe to say that I missed my one year goal, and with over a thousand extra days, it's not even close.

I pondered deleting the blog and starting a new one, but I like the idea of showing the ups and downs. What form will the blog take moving forward? I don't know. As I see the sparks of life again in it, my modest goal is simply to nurture what's there and help it to keep going.

Tonight I wrote about 270 words, a short mythical poem just for fun, based loosely on elements of Semitic lore such as Tiamat, the holy mountain, and general concepts of control and freedom. Needs some refining, but it has a great feel.

More importantly, it's the first real writing I've done in years. I plan on doing some nearly every day now.

It's good to be back.

0 comments:

 
  • Total Pageviews