By day I work 60 hour weeks. At night I am a devoted father and husband to the world's greatest family. Somewhere in the non-existent time between the two, I am a writer. Join me from the beginning as I chronicle my adventures to become a successful published author.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 356 - A New Writing Venture

Let me start by saying I enjoy writing. I also enjoy group support.

Previously, there has been no board for LDS writer's on a broad level, except for a obscure one by Orson Scott Card at Nauvoo.com that is a little less focused.

So, I took it upon myself today, after a year of contemplation, to do something about it.

Behold:

http://ldswriters.proboards.com/

Confession: I borrowed several ideas, and even topic descriptions from a few other unrelated and semi-related forums. It would be non-sensible to reinvent the wheel when others have come before. I stand on the shoulders of... well.. you get the idea.

This is not a replacement for Author's Incognito, which I still read regularly and love dearly. It is simply a different, broader scope, and both can compliment each other.

Please tell anyone possibly interested in this venture about the website. Send them links, post it to Facebook, etc. And come join in, post topics, and more. If it becomes mildly successful, I will register it's own URL, enable chat, and upgrade to the ad-free version. If you feel a sub-board should be added, let me know. 

2 comments:

Sounds great! I'm always looking for lds platforms. I don't actually write lds fiction, so it's always a treat for me to connect with other lds authors. What, exactly will this board be for?

Liesel,

It's for essentially any writing related topic and community building related to writing for, in, or by the LDS community. I don't write LDS fiction either, but being LDS, it's a place for me. Provided any excerpts and posts are keeping in general line with no detailed sex scenes (getting very popular in various writing markets), minimal profanity, etc. We want it to be a welcoming place for other authors too who may not be LDS or writing for an LDS market, but who want a safer place to discuss writing without a lot of the trash on other writing boards that is popping up.

 
  • Total Pageviews